Why should I learn Visual Regression Testing?
Because this is what happens when you change the CSS:
How can Visual Regression Testing help?
Computers are actually pretty good at spotting differences between images. Because they compare data (instead of the visual representation of that data) they can easily compare the values of two images to spot differences between them. Here's an example:
What does this course cover?
Everything you need to know to get started with Visual Regression Testing, including:
- How to use test automation to validate all types of front-end updates
- How to catch drift in your design that occurs through regular site updates
- How to use assertions so you can integrate your tests into your CICD process.
How is it split up?
The course is consists of 6 short lessons:
- Lesson 1 What you Need to Know about Visual Regression Testing
- Lesson 2 Write Your First UI Regression Test
- Lesson 3 Real Visual Regression Testing with WebdriverCSS
- Lesson 4 Take Action with WebdriverIO Commands
- Lesson 5 Catch Failures the Lazy Way
- Lesson 6 What's next for you?
What's the catch?
We just really like Visual Regression Testing and wanted to help spread the word about it. The lessons are sent straight to your inbox, once a day for six days.
From time to time we may reach out with updates on the course content or more free stuff, but we try and keep that to a minimum. You can unsubscribe at any time.